Thursday, June 15, 2006

Other peoples problems

Listening to: "Things like these" EP, Breathe.
Introducing a new feature to Off-Black: "Listening to". I usually listen to CDs while blogging. It helps the thought process and also lets me keep track of the time.
Anyway, I was going to rant.
Two days ago in my work area, two of the guys decided to have a full on shouting match. As one is arabic and the other mumbles, no-one has as yet figured out what they were arguing about, as the yelling was unintelligible. Anyway, both stormed of in different directions. As a result of the sulking, the piece of gear they were working on was left unattended for a while. The work was supposed to be finished yesterday, so I could use the gear today. As it wasn't ready, the schedule was changed, with my work that was scheduled originally for tomorrow being moved to Sunday. Now I was going to work Sunday anyway (and evenings until Thursday) , but during the day. The schedule change means I have to work Sunday night. This entirely shafts my plans for Sunday night, oh and Monday night too, as I won't be able to organise work to get away from work for the time I was planning to.
So because these two pillocks can't be professional adults, I miss two games of Indoor Netball and a regular social engagement. Not happy at all. Oh and I did three hours of not-my-regular-job research work for a manager last week and didn't get so much as a thank you. Meh.

No comments: