Friday, June 16, 2006

My Family rocks

Listening to/viewing: Top 10 hair metal videos on C4 (!) Ah, the eighties.....
It's not just me. My family knows wierd trivia as well. Mum, Dad, my two elder sisters and I, plus Fishy and two honoured guests formed an eight strong team that beat nineteen other teams to take out the Waterloo Primary School fundraising quiz night last Saturday. For the second time running. My nephew and nieces attended, attend, will attend the school so we have a genuine reason for participating other than the glory of competition.
Last time, we endured a 9 question tiebreaker battle, followed by a solo sudden death showdown to take out the honours. For some reason I was picked as the solo combatant, and managed to answer a question about Harry Potter correctly, despite only having seen one of the films and having read none of the books.
Anyway, I'm digressing. We fronted again on Saturday, quietly confident, but with no expectations. The rival team from last time didn't show, apparently confidently expecting to win having smashed all comers in the Our Lady of the Rosary Primary School fundraising quiz, they were so piqued by their unexpected defeat they gave up quizing entirely (we have contacts who source this information for us....). Second after round one of eight, we were leading by round five, and had it so in the bag by round seven we could have not answered round eight. We answered round eight perfectly nonetheless and won the twenty team quiz by a colossal 10 points. We scored 70 out of a possible 82 (one of the rounds was worth 24 points out of which we scored 21). In short we rocked. Our guesses were educated. Our use of notes for communication faultless. Our wine, beer, and eskimos tasty. And our answers more correct than everyone elses.

3 comments:

Not Kate said...

I think sombody wants a FAMILY QUIZ OFF!

Name the time and place. My family has matching tshirts already. We're cool like that.

Off-Black said...

Reminds me, we haven't had a trivs night for while

Not Kate said...

We should co-ordinate something. How bout a return trip to The Office?