Monday, June 19, 2006

Music of the night

Listening to: 'Cut', Hunters and Collectors
Music works better at night I have decided. I'm trying and failing to define the clarity that music has in the late night/early morning hours. It's raining, a soft steady rain of the kind I like to go walking in. I would go now but it's 2:15am, and the last time I went for a walk in the rain at this time of night I was subjected to slow drive-bys by three different police cars. I like late night rain when there is no wind. It softens the night. I like walking around when the only noise is the rain on the leaves, water in the gutters, and the sound of my own footfalls.
Anyway, I was talking about music. I think. I like how late late at night, your mind can wander, and how a random song on the radio can open the gate, so to speak. Stuff just has more atmosphere at night.
Not sure where I am going with this. I'll be up very late at night a lot this week (working a week of nights) so I'll subject this idea to some development with the aim of clarifying it enough to define it.

No comments: