Sunday, August 27, 2006

This week's T

Listening to: The U choose top 40 again. This week it is 'Most shocking videos'. But 'Thriller' is at no 14. 'Thriller'? Shocking? Please. It's too camp to be shocking. Good bass line though. I am old enough to remember a time when seeing the full video gave you kudos.

This week: "Fast Food"


Kind of self explanatory really. For the record, I actually quite like cats, despite their native bird eating ecological disasterousness, so any cats reading this shouldn't take it personally.

4 comments:

Homeperm said...

Did you happen to catch number one. it turns out the theme of most shocking videos is not enough to keep my attention for three or so hours so i gave up around number 30.

Off-Black said...

Prodigy's "Smack my bitch up". Which I had a feeling it would be.
Some weird videos made it onto the list. 'Killing in the name' for instance. Zach de la Rocha gets angry and swears a lot. Over it. Not shocking at all really. And I have no idea why 'Jesus of Suburbia' was there either. Long and boring. Love the song, hate the video.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it a vote-in? Good way to get stuff that's really off-topic or just lame...

Meanwhile, for stuff like 'Killing in the name of' - controversy dates quickly. The vid for 'Relax' got banned and now it looks tamer than a Britney Spears video.

On the other hand, the vid for AFFCO still turns my stomach - but that was shocking not only as controversy, but also in the sense that 'Thriller' claimed and failed.

Off-Black said...

I'd never seen the AFFCO video, and did find it a little disturbing. Not enough to turn me vegetarian or anything, but disturbing. I thought the singer a bit of a poser, but hey it was the eighties.
And what the feck is up with Aphex Twin?
I still need to review 40-16 to see what else people voted for.