Sunday, August 06, 2006

I like a good T-shirt

I love humorous or ironic T-shirts as a form of expression. I have many. I wear them because they make me smile and laugh, and amuse others when they see them (I often see people reading me and smiling). I can use them to say things for me that my reserved nature might otherwise prevent. Also they can be great conversation starters.
Here are but some of my collection, which some of you may recognise:


For the sake of sharing, every week or so I will try and profile one of my T's.
First T-shirt of the week is 'Kermit Klein'

I got this one in 1995, and still wear it occasionally, as due to baggy T's being fashionable a while ago, all of my old T's still fit ( I still wear T's I got in the 80's. You wouldn't know if I didn't tell you). Kermit was available in white or lime green. I went for the green, which is somewhat faded now. I liked the send up of Calvin Klein, and Kermits model pose. Plus Muppets are eternally cool. I wore it to the survivor party, and also removed it during my planned sacrificial eviction Both events are recorded in the video presumably.

6 comments:

Not Kate said...

I like the background history you can give on the tshirt.

I still love the Old School one.

You can profile your Baba Posse tshirt :)

bitemeandsmile said...

Thats funny, I have that t shirt - brilliant! I wore it 1995-6. Still have it somewhere - either dunners or welly, havent worn it for a while though. I like it!

fish said...

The more observant of you may notice my teddy in the background of the first photo. Hehehe :)

Homeperm said...

i want to know about the hypercolor tee. profile that one next...

Charlie Brown said...

Sam.... someone once gave me a Miss Piggy t-shirt. I wore it, quite innocently, until a classmate pointed out that it was actually quite funny that I was wearing it.

Erm.. Yes.

Your post reminded me of it.....

Off-Black said...

Kermit doesn't get out much these days. The collar is somewhat frayed. Still a good sports/layer/slumming T though.

HP. As it happens, that is my next planned profile. Ahh, the early nineties.