Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I look like...

Since I shaved my head on Friday I have been compared to:

Billy Corgan
Andre Agassi
Bruce Willis
Kojak
Some guy called Shawn

I'm getting used to it. It took a few days, and a few times walking past the mirror saying 'who is that and why does he have no hair?' The first couple of days were cold, now I have desensitised enough not to notice. I like how long it takes to dry in the mornings. I like not having to worry about bed hair. I have been as short as #2 comb before, but the enthusiastic fourth form girls shaving my head on the stage at UHC didn't even ask if I wanted a number before plowing in with the #0, and here we are. I like supporting my wife in this way.

In other news, I joined d3vo, Fish and Curtains for the becoming regular run in Petone. Ran about 3+ K and didn't die, or have to stop involuntarily. I am way fitter than I think it seems. I also made the crew think I was going to jump off the end of Petone wharf, which was fun. Half of the way I ran along the top of the seawall, jumping gaps and on and off the wall as required. A passing jogger called me a smartarse in a respectful way. I love moving around on top of walls, rocks and things. Fi called me 'Dances with mountain goats' while I was clambering over a rock pile at Castlepoint once. I seem to have a natural affinity for it.

I did the 'Daily' crossword in todays dom in about five minutes today. To be fair, the daily isn't that hard, but my wordsmithery impresses my workmates (I also do the back page much harder crossword, the target, and the codecracker). Most common questions: Do I read a lot? Yes. Do I use a dictionary? No.

I don't do Sudoku. My verbose mind can't handle all those numbers and shit. Actually I probably could do Sudoku, but don't apply myself.

3 comments:

Not Kate said...

I like doing the crossword at work sometimes. There is a serious heirarchy though - the 'regulars'. I don't like to butt in on that.

I like the word-making one where you have to use the centre letter.

I used to make my mum play anagram games with me at home (she'd say a big word and I'd see how many little words I could make out of it.... I think I nagged others into joining in on occasion).

You, Morgue and Ken have all had ultra-short hair this year..... I wanna see James get shaved, that'd be a big transformation!

Homeperm said...

i love the target. that is my favourite page in the paper. mostly cos of the horoscopes actually now i think about it.

2treesandahorse said...

I think you look a lot like billy zane.