Thursday, September 14, 2006

What are the odds?

So as I was driving to work yesterday at about 1450, I was passed by a speeding Range Rover. When leaving work at 0425 this morning (long shift....I had to wait for things to happen), I was passed by the same speeding Range Rover (I recognised the number plate from pass 1). What are the odds of that? Or is there a ghostly Range Rover haunting State Highway 2, terrorising unsuspecting late night workers?

I have had about one hour of real sleep and about four hours of fitful dozing in the last 24 due to my heroic efforts at work last night, and attending a work training session this morning. I am tired. I know I am tired because as I was returning to work this morning, I was playing Incubus' "wish you were here" in the car, and it was a beautiful morning and a complete kodak moment and I nearly cried and got shivers down my spine because it was such a perfect gelling of music and scenery. I don't normally get that emotional about driving to work. I have to stay up though, becuse if I sleep now and not later tonight I will be even more out of whack, and it will mess up my sleep patterns for the entire weekend.

Preparty nervousness is now setting in. Will people turn up? Will it go off? Will my music work? etc etc etc. In the back of my mind I know it will be alright on the night, but I am jittery nonetheless.
Off to finish the CD's now.

1 comment:

Homeperm said...

i knew i was tired last night when i cried at listening to terri's message to australia wrt croc hunter!!!!!!!