Wednesday, September 13, 2006

T Shirt and other stuff


Ha! You all thought I'd forgotten to post a T didn't you! Better late than never.

I believe the above cartoon represents a true and accurate representation of my dancing ability. The random movement thing, not the score. I can do a fair Peter Garrett impersonation. I generally only dance to various forms of electronica, with fairly high BPM. I can't get the hang of slow stuff, although I enjoyed dancing at my wedding, and that was fairly slow.
I like the idea of "well, we don't know what it is, but it sure dances well".

Other stuff

I've been busy mixing CD's for my gathering on Friday. There are rules to making a mix CD. Keep a flow. Never artist block (group songs by artist). Have strong opening and ending tracks. Don't put too many slow songs together.
I am mixing in a fairly random way while still obeying the above constraints. I generally think of the next song to add while I am ripping the one before it. I have no set lists, but am thinking of additions while at work, and compiling from memory. I am trying to be representative of all my tastes. At the same time, I have thrown in a few songs specifically for people I know will be in attendance. I enjoy making comps. It reinforces the fact that I have no favourite song. I have about a dozen self made compilation CD's of favourite songs though. A trend I have noticed about my comps is that they tend to be quite upbeat. I like a slow mellow or sad song as much as the next man, but they don't seem to make it.
Incidentally, I am ripping from my CD collection, 99% of which I have paid for, so no malarkey about stealing alright? I hate collections that consist of burnt CD's. The packaging is a big part of the album's character in my opinion. I burn for compilations.
I am open to requests (subject to approval) if there is anything particularly desired by attending readers. You have about 36 hours to comply before the last CD is mixed.

Also it has come to my attention that some are assuming that all parties must be on Saturday and planning accordingly. My party is on FRIDAY. Not Saturday. You could turn up on Saturday but myself and the people who actually read the invitation won't be there. Remember, assume makes an ass out of u and me.

I was going to write something thoughtful about September 11th, but decided against it. Some may have noticed a lack of world events or political discussion on my blog. It is deliberate. Other people do that much better than I could.

I have a kind of blog envy at the moment. After reading a number of blogs today, they all seem more interesting than mine. Kind of like when everyone elses food looks better than yours at a restaurant. I guess I just don't have as much to say as other folk, and don't say it as wittily. I don't post punctuating links often, primarily because I don't actually spend a lot of time surfing. My online time is quite focused.

So I spend all evening at work looking forward to a cold beer when I get home, and what do I find? No beer in the fridge goddamnit. Warm beer in the laundry. Sigh.

A co worker had a minor car accident while picking up pizza last week. Apart from having aquired the nickname 'Crash', he can say he was hit by a pizza driver from Hell and have it be the literal truth.

Netball last night was fun. I have noticed that I get so focused on the game that I don't notice when regular players are entirely absent. Implications of this are as yet unclear.

My beard is now longer than my hair. I will probably shave it off before Friday though.

To further mark the occasion of turning 30, I have decided which new tattoo to get. I'll go see a tattooist on Friday to discuss. I got my first when I was 25, five years later plus three decades of existence seems a good excuse to get a Kiwi design planted on a shoulder. I like tattoos. I like seeing what people choose to imprint on their skin in order to express themselves. My first tat is a celtic design, which is my particular ethnic heritage (I love the traditional Maori and Pacific Island tats, that can have a symbology and language all of their own, and sometimes have to be earned rather than chosen). The second is about where I'm from. The third will be more for fun. Why? I don't really know. I think it is about establishing my identity by customising myself. There are a lot of celtic armbands out there, but I have seen none like mine.

In reaching 30 alive I have proved my first girlfriend wrong. Still, we were angsty teenagers at the time she said that, and get on much better now.

4 comments:

2treesandahorse said...

young hearts run free please. for my lady. if ya have it. candi statton. think thats how its spelt. and some prince if ya have it.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have blog envy. I think your blog is good.

Also I know someone else who nearly got run over by the pizza driver from Hell. A theme here possibly? The Devil can't drive? Sounds like a novel by Dennis Wheatley.

Not Kate said...

Your blog is always good. I am a regular reader.

Off-Black said...

Trees, I am afraid I have neither