Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Things I like about me

In belated response to a Notkate post from umm, ages ago, here are maybe ten things I like about me. If I can think of ten.

1. I know when to talk, and when not to talk.
2. I know lots of stuff, but actively try not to bore people with it. I often answer questions, post comments etc in a way that answers the question simply without information dumping. I like to think I am not arrogant or show-offy with my knowledge of various things. I have refrained from correcting people because I didn't want to embarrass them.
3. I generally know when to walk away, and when to run.
4. I am good in a crisis. I remain calm when it really matters (sometimes it does not). This seems to run in my family, as my siblings have also demonstrated sang-froid at times.
5. I will generally try to do the right thing, or what needs to be done, even if it is something I find unpleasant or intimidating.
6. I am very good at my job. I have a strong work ethic when I am paid to. I believe in doing things right first time in my work.
7. I am loyal and trustworthy, and discrete. Tell me a secret and it will stay secret.
8. I am honest. I hate lying and being lied to.
9. I am usually thoughtful.
10. I will admit I am wrong when I am proved to be so.

Didn't think I'd make ten.

4 comments:

Not Kate said...

Yeah, I'd agree. Astute self-observations. Finally eh.

You do know when to keep quiet and when to talk - I admire that in a person. So many people show a lack of social-awareness and interupt and talk when it's really the worst thing to do. Discretion. As a sagitarian I am supposed to be very indiscreet (or is that indiscrete? one's mathsy eh). Listening and observing are very key skills - some of my 13 year old girls could do with a bit more of those.

bitemeandsmile said...

An admirable thing you've done there - awesome qualities. Although I have to say I now have the Gambler song in my head after reading #3 :)

Not Kate said...

Ooh ooh - can you play the Gambler song at your birthday???

Me and Cass have choreographed moves. Be warned - we need a lot of space to execute them properly.

Off-Black said...

Gambler-No, I think not