Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Clean sheet

Listening to: HDU-Higher ++

My indoor soccer team (I still have not yet been able to refer to it consistently as football...) won 4-0 tonight.

As the goalkeeper this makes me very happy. Our defence was solid, and the opposition attack sporadic, but always threatening, and I made a few good saves.

This is the first time in nearly a couple of years worth of indoor keeping that I have kept the goal score free, so it is worth mentioning. The last minutes of the game were quite tense, knowing that achievement was beckoning...

***

After two days the new job is going well. While I can be a good trainer, I had forgotten that I am an impatient trainee. I hate not knowing what is going on around me and shadowing people, and standing around watching others work. I hate feeling useless. I enjoy being competent. While fully expected and somewhat welcome, I am finding the transition from being super competent (old job) to not yet competent due to inexperience (new job) a little difficult. Still, this is what I wanted and expected, having trained many folk in my time, so I just have to put up with it. The rewards will be worth it. The first few weeks of a new job are never easy.

And the atmosphere and people are really nice too, which helps.

***

I will blog about something profound and illuminating and not just about me soon, promise.

***

Matt and Tarn, "ON YA!" for the Bay beating the Lions on the weekend. Well done.

No comments: