Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Season of not quite suck

Listening to: Burned-Electrafixion

Okay so the Tuesday pick me up game didn't work. I am officially in what a sports hack would call a 'form slump'. I'm also chronically not getting enough sleep, and finding my job really unstimulating at the moment, which may be contributory factors.

Still there is hope. While Fi picked up a freebie after our scheduled match, I had a look around and picked up a freebie with none other than Rob Malcolm, who will be known to some readers. It was well fun, and I had a really good instinctual game, and shot some glorious two's over much taller than me defenders.

Perseverance will be rewarded. I will regain my mojo.

Way cool to play with Rob again. He was in the original dynasty team I played in at Cuba Street, 1997-1998 ish. I mentioned to Rob's team mates that we had played together a long time ago, and he said it was "half a lifetime", which isn't far from the truth. Still as tall and reachy as ever (Notkate, imagine a taller rangier version of Booner).
Didn't have time to catch up properly unfortunately. Social sport is like that.
Also Rob's game was umpired my favourite umpire, which was refreshing, as he is the best umpire I can think of, and I thought he had retired. And he knows me from Newtown. It feels good to have an umpire personally welcome you onto the court.

Now I have to go work on the sleep deficit.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Not Kate said...

Booner is fairly bloody rangey...... how do you top that????