Sunday, May 13, 2007

Build it and win

Listening to: Kings of Leon-Because of the times

So rather than just attend the Model Expo in Lower Hutt this weekend, as entries were open to the general public I thought I would enter some of my work instead of just admiring others. I know there are great modellers out there who exhibit excellent stuff, and I don't consider myself one of them, so I thought I would make up the numbers

Judge+Jury generously loaned me the Starfury I built him as a birthday present.



I also put out a couple of Skyhawks (which have previously graced the pages of this blog) and a Lightning (the grey pointy one) which I thought looked good. I was way surprised when the Skyhawks were awarded 2nd and 3rd in their category. Okay, so there were only five models in their category, and three of them were mine, so I was at least guaranteed a third place. But getting two awards is kinda stoking!
As occasionally happens with my surname, I became a Hill for a while, until Fi got it changed. I didn't really care, the unexpected award was nice enough. I got a couple of certificates, some decals, and a model I had been thinking of buying at some point, which was cool. Also in a fine example of geek humour, this was spotted in a line up of tanks.

2 comments:

2treesandahorse said...

nice one brother.

d3vo said...

Congrats, your modelling has been awesome for ages.