Thursday, October 05, 2006

This week's T and a wardrobe malfunction

Listening to: Heather Nova-Oyster

This week 1.21 Gigawatts?!

That wacky Doc, always getting into crazy adventures with Marty and Einstein. This post partly inspired by a dream I had last night where I was driving the DeLorean. Not in a time travelling sense, but in a way faster than anything else on the road sense.
I saw 'Back to the Future" twice during its initial cinema release in 1985. Once at the Odeon in Lower Hutt, the second time at The Paramount in Wellington. I had been lining up to see "The Rats of Nimh" (I think. Definitely a Nimh movie of some kind) at the St James (old school Wellingtonians may remember that the St James was a cinema for a while rather than the stately theatre it was meant to be), but that turned out to be sold out (it was the school holidays), so my Dad gave up his ticket for "Back to the Future" and I saw it again with my two sisters rather than roaming Courtney Place on my own for two hours. I'm sure Dad saw the movie eventually. Visiting the set in 1989 at Universal Studios in LA was way cool, especially as the sequel came out a few months later.
I love "Back to the Future" as much as for it reminding me of a particular time in my life as well as being a great movie in its own right.

Now, as promised, a wardobe malfunction involving problems with acid.

Here's what happens when you spill 10% sulfuric acid solution on the thigh of your jeans folks (don't ask how. It's complicated, and I can't discuss it in this forum anyway). Strangely, aside from a slight discoloration, the coverall fabric the acid soaked through to get to my jeans is unaffected. As was my skin. Incidentally, this sort of damage takes a few days to develop at this strength.

Don't try this at home kids.

2 comments:

Not Kate said...

ACID!!!! YOU SPILT ACID ON YOURSELF!!!!! You crazy fool. And I thought I was doing bad when I accidetally wrote on myself with the white-board marker at work.

Off-Black said...

'Spilt' is slightly misleading term. 'Sprayed' or 'Splashed' would be more accurate. And I didn't do it on purpose.
I would definitely be crossing a line if I detailed it any further here, ask me about it in person sometime.