Sunday, April 08, 2007

For today

Listening to: Galore-The Cure

So as I enjoyed the autumn sun on the Picton Ferry on a calm still day today, listening to an excited group of Italians see Wellington for the first time, I wondered what it would be like to see Wellington for the first time, and was happy that I can call Wellington home.

The ferry crossing today was primo, the calmest I have ever seen Cook Strait. I challenged myself not to take any sea-sickness medication, and didn't, and didn't need it. Took some cool late afternoon moody sunlit photos as well.

The video for Netherworld Dancing Toy's 1985 hit "For Today" was partly shot on the Arahura, which I travelled on today. By coincidence I saw the video last night, and it was fun identifying specific locations 22 years later.

No comments: