Monday, July 03, 2006

Monday night

Listening to: 'Houses of the Holy'-Led Zeppelin
Curious fact. The well known Led Zeppelin song 'Houses of the Holy', is not actually on the album of the same name. At least it isn't on my copy anyway.
It's Monday night. Fishy is at a choirschool in Masterton for the week. Masterton is one of my least favourite towns. I just don't get the place. Still, it has the Old Stick And Rudder Company and the SVAS at Hood Aerodrome on the outskirts of town, who put on a great airshow every couple of years. Other than that, well, it holds few attractions.

I am alone for the week, with only a rat for company. I talk to the rat sometimes, but he isn't very good conversation, e.g:
Me: "Wee-man it's 1am. Will you quit with the scampering and pushing your foodbowl around and generally making too much damn noise! Why are you even awake?"
WM: "I'm nocturnal, dickhead. That means I am a night person. I live for the night dude. Is that food?"
M:"Is what food?"
WM:"I dunno. I expect you to bring me food, so you must be carrying food. See how I'm up on my hind legs trying to sniff my way out of the cage? I'm going for the food man."
M:"I have no food. I just came to pay you some attention so you'd shut up and I can get some sleep."
WM:"That's just a story you made up to trick me into thinking you had no food. Seriously, where is it? Don't make me crawl up inside your sleeve to try and find it."
M: "There is food in your bowl."
WM:"I know. I'm after the treats man, the gourmet stuff. I know you have it somewhere. And don't you dare say how cute I look when I'm begging."
M:"Seriously, you'll have to wait 'til morning."
WM:"Nah, nah, you're still hiding something. Give me a treat now, and I'll put in a good word for you when the revolution comes."
M:"If I pat your head for a bit will you calm down?"
WM:"Maybe. Some food would definitely induce calmness though."

Etc etc.

The not-kate is having flatmate issues. Yerghh. Been there, done that. I can think of better ways to spend an evening. Empathy girl! Be calm and strong. You will prevail.

Had a cool weekend. Nice dinner on Friday with Fishy's workmates. 30th on Saturday, which I snuck away from to watch the fireworks at Petone. I watched from the concrete block things next to the tugboat restaurant. The water lapped quietly on the concrete as I watched the distant pyrotechnics, accompanied by somewhat disconnected cracks and booms due to the distance. The 30th was nice and relaxed, in a nice cosy venue. From there we snuck away to another party, strongerlights. There it was established that while fishy is a queen, Twotreesandahorse is a deity, Anna is an angel, and I am a legend. I met the hottieperm, but I can't remember if she gained a status other than 'Honorary hutt boy', that title being conferred by D3vo. Also Pip is a lovely dog. Fun party. Quote of the night goes to Brad, who opined after the third person in a row walked into strongerlight's room and asked "whose room is this", that "this is getting like a sitcom".
Rewatched 'Waking Life' with the crew last night. Still interesting.

Getting late, the pumpkin awaits, so I shall sign off.

2 comments:

Not Kate said...

Rats. Yuck! Don't like em. Scratchy little paws and bony tails and bitey mouths and beady eyes and not soft.

I tried to watch 'Waking Life' once (after Mr Anderson recommended it). I didn't get far. I think you have to be in the right mood. But it certainly looked interesting.

I presently have out a documentary on the art of Spencer Tunick, who gets people to pose naked, en masse, in public places and he photographs them.

Homeperm said...

i believe i gained the status of an angel. but honorary hutt boy is at least as good.