Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Nights on my own 12, takeaways 0

Listening to: Another old tape, this time of Channel Z on the last day of 1999.....Just like listening to the radio live but all the ads are 8 years out of date. Like new Playstations (1, they were just called playstations then as the PS2 didn't exist yet) for $179.95. Some of the ads are good and funny in their own right. Especially the 'tips for wearing sunglasses' ads for the Sunglass Store. I had also forgotten how much I liked 'Venus as a Boy' by Bjork, which I probably haven't heard much since 1999.




When the girls went down south I made a pact, a challenge to myself if you will, not to get any takeaways for tea, as I am wont to to when home alone.


Winning so far.


Okay so it is strictly meat and two veg, but it is way better for you than BK. Broccoli, oven baked fries and spicy chicken breast. Beer optional. Picture just to prove to folk I am cooking for myself. I haven't even had steak yet.

I have also bought a lawnmower (of the pushy kind rather than the motor kind. The latter is too heavy and too much hassle for our varying levelled section), and fixed the ceiling in the bathroom (I think. Time will tell....)

***

Bit stormy around here today. The southerly was brief but violent. However, it has yielded a very clear starry night. If you remember Lauren, it is the sort of night I have told you about.

I don't know what you did to Milford Sound either, but it looked fine when I was there six months ago!
Still cold though.
And after Fi took my jacket (here modelled by some random dude) with her, it has now seen more of the South Island than I have. I take it it is sharing the jacket love and looking after Fishy quite nicely.


Thanks for passing on the comment about the firefighting. Very interesting! Sounds like a ride I would enjoy, but like Pattie I'd be a bit greeny.

2 comments:

Homeperm said...

i've been listening to a fair bit of bjork lately to prepare myself for her concert (which was in nyc the monday before last). it turns out venus as a boy is pretty much the best there is.

also i loved channel z, but mostly in the very early days, when i was in my final year of highschool and first year of vic.

2treesandahorse said...

Channel Z!!!! loved the news gingle bit in the morning. Oh the days of driving from upper hutt to drama school.

Also loving that first shot bruv. Nice real nice.