Thursday, October 18, 2007

of netball quizzes and vegas

Still not listening to Foo Fighters, but at least I know where it is now. Listening to Hysteria-Def Leppard instead.

Made up for no netball on Monday night by playing three games on Tuesday, two scheduled and one fill in. Victories from all three which was nice, especially as one involved out-thinking opposition with tactics overcoming physical prowess. Bit sore yesterday though.

Friday night attended a Fundraising quiz at Chilton St James. It was odd, but looking around at the assembled punters I felt like a shark amongst minnows. Still we didn't win, although I suspect had answers not been available wholesale for $5 each we might have.

Memo to quiz organisers: selling answers is fine, but only if you have set a limit on the number able to be purchased. Otherwise it makes the quiz meaningless as a competition......still as organisers I suppose the funds get boosted, which is kinda the point I guess.

Off to Wanganui for the weekend, thus allowing me to answer 'yes' when anyone asks if I am going away for the long weekend, which I seldom get to do.

I'm not sure what to make of this whole anti terrorism raid business, other than to suggest it has been a boon for both left and right wing conspiracists. I do agree however (based on my limited knowledge of stuff like this) with the commentator (I forget who), who said that if there had been a genuine and imminent threat to public safety and well being, it would not have been the police carrying out the raids; it would have been the SAS, with much less publicity.

Hope you enjoyed the rare commentary on current events.

I really don't have much else to blog about. Its been a quiet couple of weeks. I had a great catchup with old friends last night, and ran into another old aquaintance tonight at netball. Seems to be the season for homecomings.

No comments: