Monday, September 17, 2007

Pimp my dropship

Because I know one or two of you might be vaguely interested.
After years of being back-burnered by real-world kit subjects, the dropship will likely be completed during the current phase of work. There, its in writing.

The keen eyed among you will note that it does not depict either of the movie Cheyennes (if you don't know which movie.......its this one ) I figure there are thousands of those around, so I decided to create my own colour scheme for the beast. Besides, I try and make my real world models fairly accurate. Doing SF means you can kinda throw away the rulebook and have some fun.

The windows are taped over for protection from the painting and weathering process. Not that you can see through them, as they are blacked out due to the cockpit being too much hassle than it was worth to detail.

So it's a dropship with a custom paintjob and tinted windows.

Even incomplete and without the weapon pods, it still looks a fintimidating creature.

No comments: