Tuesday, September 11, 2007

200 not out

Listening to: Chisel-The best of Cold Chisel, and Who cares a Lot-the best of Faith No More.

Drinking the Monteiths Black that a certain Mr Heegers left in my fridge.



Tribute

To mark my 200th post, a tribute of sorts, with apologies to Tenacious D



This is not the greatest Blog post in the world,

This is just a tribute.

Couldn't recall the subject,

Of the greatest post in the world,

This is just a tribute.

***

Not so wobbly eclipse

The Tripod helped things considerably, although the breeze still induced some camera shake. Still looks cool though.

Forgetting to close the apeture a little meant that the later eclipse shots got over exposed somewhat. Earth's shadow visible to the left of the face of the Moon.
Perfect Day

Had a near perfect day (moment of imperfection: catching the repeat of 'The Nine' while waiting for the AB's Kickoff) on Saturday.

The weather was good.

The magazine back issues I had ordered from the UK arrived, and weren't in Spanish, as I had dreamt the night before.

Breakfast included yummy fresh pancakes courtesy of the lovely fish.

Discovered the most elaborate abandoned house I have yet seen near Stonehenge Aotearoa. I bet its haunted.

Went roadtripping with a good bunch of people.
Who seemed strangely obsessed with photographing each other as well as the scenery....

Our notional destination was Castlepoint, which when you think about it, is a fairly long way from anywhere, being on the sparsely populated east coast of the southern North Island. 64 K east by road from Masterton, which itself is hardly a bustling urban centre. For some undefined reason I really don't like Masterton. Maybe it's because they demolished possibly the best adventure playground set up ever sometime in the late eighties (a series of interconnected concrete tubes, buried in a concrete hill, with several possible entries and exits. It was way cool, trust me).

I took a picture of the boardwalk because I liked the way the shadow was falling on to the sand.

Castlepoint, reef and lagoon on an uncharacteristically calm day.
While calmish, there were some nice breakers coming into the lagoon. The Northerly breeze gave them some elaborate headwear....

As well as quickly erasing any passing footprints in the sand.
As usual the lighthouse watched everything impassively
One of my favourite places.


3 comments:

R said...

Awesome pics. Again.

Andrew said...

Man, I remember seeing that house. Didn't realise it was abandoned though. Maybe it was less dilapidated two years ago...

kiwilauren said...

Love it. I'm stealing these pictures for my NZ album. :o) Thanks for an awesome trip!