Saturday, June 30, 2007

Take it and run

Listening to: Mashups on Radio Active

I've decided to take the new job. I'm going to work out my 4 weeks notice, take a week off, and then start my new position in early August.

This feels right. I'm apprehensive about how competent I am going to be, and how we'll cope with less money coming in, but it still feels like the right thing to do.

One way to tell how much your work appreciates you is to tell your manager you are leaving. All the team leaders I have informed have been really cool about it and have told me stuff like I'll leave a big and not easily replaced gap in the team, which is nice to hear, but can't change my mind.

For a lot of reasons, it is time to move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sammy! A couple of years ago, I was in the same position but took the new job, and have never looked back. What is the new job by the way? Well done, it sounds like the right decision :)