Monday, June 25, 2007

How do you like this weather beeaatch?!

Clearly, I tempted fate when discussing the glorious non-suckage of Saturday's weather

Forecast for the Wellington area from the Metservice website:

Monday
Max: 8°C
Min: 3°C
Showers, possible sleet. Strong very cold southerlies.

Tuesday
Max: 9°C
Min: 6°C
Occasional showers. Strong very cold southerlies.

Observed Wind-Chill
Feels like -2 °C
4 layers of clothing are recommended to remain comfortable in these conditions

I am known for stoically accepting weather, but when it stops me from doing things I like and starts to affect my mood I have to draw the line. Still, we have had the shortest day of the year already. Summer here we come.

2 comments:

kiwilauren said...

In reference to your last post, I'm sure I will be making fun of your "winter," only jokingly of course. I've been told to expect lots of rain and wind, so I'm sure I'll be feeling the cold, especially since I'm leaving our mid-summer for your winter! For the record, though, I WILL bring pictures of the huge blizzard that hit Saskatoon in January, just so you can sort of get the feel for a crazy Canadian winter. The day of the blizzard (and a few days surrounding it) were unbelievably cold... I think it actually hit -50C with the windchill.

And I'm not sure if anybody actually says "Why not Minot" in Minot, but I'm going again on Wednesday and I'll keep my ears open! Haha.

SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!! :oD

Anonymous said...

Last night certainly felt like 3 degrees. I think I slept with my head under the (3) duvet(s) all night. Having a bedroom too small to use a heater in without setting fire to the house is a bit of a bummer in this weather.