Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Cycling Illustration

Close Up is normally pretty drivelous, but this piece is actually a pretty good illustration of what road cycling is like in Wellington and the Hutt;

http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/aggressive-new-zealand-drivers-3949050/video?vid=3949073

Interesting in that the road footage focuses on areas I know very well, some of which I ride frequently and others I wouldn't dare to. This is my local cycling turf for lack of a better term. I realised lately that one of the reasons why I like using a mountain bike instead of a road bike is that not only can I take the unpaved river trails on the way home at will, on the road the tougher tyres let me ride that much closer to the kerb without worrying about damage, and keep me an extra inch or few away from the traffic.

No comments: