Saturday, March 22, 2008

Action, danger and excitement

Listening to: C4's top 100 bogan anthems. Home on a Saturday night and enjoying it. Being home on a Saturday night was unthinkable once upon a time, now it is just refreshing to not be out for the sake of being out.

Thanks

I have a couple of thankyous to make

Firstly, to the considerate folk who throw glass bottles from their cars to the side of the road when they are empty (as opposed to the rest of us who use wierd things like bins). Thank you. The three kilometre walk into town from halfway along the motorway cycle lane today was super. Really enjoyed it. After all, exercise is exercise right, and wheeling a bike with a flat tire instead of riding it probably burns just as many calories.

Seriously, since I have returned to riding I have noticed a lot more broken glass to avoid. WTF is up with that? Is this some kind of anti-green rebellion, or just stupid wankery?

Thanks to Dave who came and retrieved us after Fi got sick of riding reaalllly slooowwwly alongside me.

Thanks to the magazine shop in Petone who placed a plexiglass rack at shin height in front of the counter, where it won't be terribly visible, and easily detected by touch when moving along the counter to the eftpos terminal at the other end. Thank you. I could still stand to lose a kilo or two, and the inch and a half long chunk of flesh removed from my shin by the rack can only help.
Planes

Some of my shots from last weekend's airshow at Ohakea. I think I am finally starting to get the hang of this photography thing. Always more to learn though. Bummed that I couldn't get to Wanaka this weekend (or Summerset for that matter, but I am going to Homegrown), but this was a really good show anyway, that is already being regarded as a classic in certain circles. Righteous that the powers that be decided that anyone who showed up with a ticket to the Hamilton debacle would get in for free.











Plus I got a ride in an Air Force fire engine. Cool.

2 comments:

d3vo said...

Dude, nice pics! Go work capturing the flames.

2treesandahorse said...

Dude you just get better abd better. You can get strips that go into your inner tube to help not get flat tyres.
I know. horse. gate etc.