Thursday, July 19, 2007

Reflective imagery

Listening to: the radio

I attended the funeral of the father of one of my older friends yesterday. Saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen for a while. Noted how much had changed, not only in the people, but in the church we spent so much time in, and the immediate neighbourhood.

It brought to mind the lyrics of an old Bruce Springsteen song, 'Thunder Road'.

Don't run back inside
Darling you know what I'm here for
So you're scared and you're thinking
That maybe we ain't that young anymore

Imagery

I'm now going to indulge in my regular penchant for posting photos I have taken. Appropriately after such pensiveness, most of them feature reflection.

The fountain on Marine Parade, Napier, November 2006
Yachts moored at lake Te Anau, March 2007
Yacht at Whakatane, January 2006
The lake Manapouri power station tunnel, March 2007
The Australian bushfires last summer made for some dramatic sunsets. The picture doesn't really convey the redness of the sky caused by all the smoke. Petone Beach, November 2006
No reflections but nice anyway. Symbolic waka paddle sculpture, Petone Beach, November 2006.

3 comments:

Not Kate said...

Lovely photos.

2treesandahorse said...

You turning into some kind of pro there brother.

Off-Black said...

Thank you both!