Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Yikes its another photo essay

Or it will be when I get back.
I'm driving to Auckland on Friday, and I thought it would make an interesting travelogue of sorts to take a picture of everywhere I stopped along the way.

And then I thought, what if I had a list of things to photograph, like a challenge maybe? It would give my mind something to do at the very least.

So here is the challenge. You (yes you, reading this) name something you would like a photo of that I might encounter on my journey (via the magic of comments, or TXT if you have my number), and thus challenge me to record it.

Set me a challenge. Declare an item and I will see if I can find it.

Any reasonable thing eligible, but it must be visible from the road. Detours from the main route (I am undecided about going via National Park or Desert Road) of up to half an hour will also be considered.You have around 36 hours to submit.

Results will be published when I get back. Everyone whose item(s) I locate gets a chocolate fish. Yummy yummy chocolate fish.

7 comments:

Homeperm said...

i have two challenges

1. a custard square in an old school tea rooms

and

2. a male on a horse

good luck

Not Kate said...

1) A Levinian in leggings.

2) Roadkill.

3) The giant market gardener!

4) A wanky personalised number plate.

5) The inside of a public women's bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Some others (though NotKates and homeperms are definitely challenging enough!):

1. Huntly Powerstation (protestors in front thereof preferable)
2. Low flying hideously decorated cookietime tea room plane
3. A constabull
4. A tourist in the Taupo Toilets - or perhaps, more challengingly, a local

R

fish said...

The big silver trout at Taupo!

Cassie said...

1)The corrugated iron animals, I think they are somewhere near or even in Taihape.

2) The golf course on Lake Taupo

3) The Huntly powerstation

4) The Bombay Hills

Anonymous said...

I've got loads of photos of Huntly if anyone wants to see them sometime :-) No protester shots though.

I want you to take a photo of the Wairakei Geothermal Power station, preferably including a shot of steaming pipes.

Other items:

- a bank that has been converted into an antique shop

- a row of old men on a park bench

- a shot of a mountain that looks like a 1970s placemat

- the pioneer family in Hamilton

- pylons marching across the Desert Road landscape in a poetic KLF fashion

- a wide load pilot vehicle

Anonymous said...

Durn! I posted this on Friday morning. Good thing I had my trusty cellphone, which means *some* of these might make it into the photo essay :-)