Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Tuesday

Listening to: Brothers in Arms-Dire Straits
Ah 1985. Despite being mythically uncool now, this is still a pretty good album. Except for 'Walk of Life'. That track is pretty much irredeemable.


Try to move


On a day when I have applied for two internal positions at work (I could do either, and by applying for two I figure I am increasing my odds of being succesful as well as sending a clear message to those concerned that I am rapidly becoming unhappy where I am), and have spent a good part of my day rearranging my CV and arranging covering letters (thanks Rich! ), seeing this in my stars is almost spooky.




Particularly when a coworker who is also a friend outside of work is applying for one of the same positions. Shame, seems a waste of talent, but on the other hand it would be stupid not to apply for that reason. We're friendly about it. Leos and Libras seem to have their work cut out for them today. Rewards are promised but they must be earned. I don't take the stars seriously, but occasionally they seem portentous.


***


Yo Carol, love the new do!



***

Its not all about me


But when I throw the intercept pass that ultimately costs us a must-win semi final, it sure feels like it. I rebuilt my ego by playing for our semi regular fill in Petone team tonight. I always feel like a superstar when I play for them. Sometimes I play like one.

***


Weighing oneself after exercise is almost always rewarding. I can remember when I weighed 4 stone. It was a long time ago.


***

This is just silly

How come I can do this to my kitchen (way smokier than the picture suggests) and not set the smoke alarm off, but the merest hint of combustion from the toaster (almost never accompanied by visible smoke) results in my eardrums trying to meet in the middle of my head?

I'm working on it. Time and serendipity may yet provide an answer.

No comments: