Saturday, September 18, 2010

Too soon?

The Christchurch earthquake was two weeks ago, but this conspiracy parody blog emerged only a few days after the event, and is just too barkingly mint genius not to link to. Even if I am not sure if I should link to it....knowing nothing as I do about it's creators and intent and not intending any disrespect to the good city and people of the 03*.

Some of the main elements of the conspiracy**:

-The Mayor of Christchurch (who by the way is both a clone and not actually human) engineered the earthquake after investing heavily in the chimney industry. Also paving the way for a takeover by reptilian overlords on the side.
-The Prime Minister of New Zealand is in fact a hologram (you never see his legs!).
-The New Zealand Army has no helicopters (this one is actually true).
-A secret muffin tithing programme is in operation.
-The Feelers are involved as well (summed up nicely by this diagram), as other well known local celebs.

*In the interests of fairness I just want to say I have been very impressed the the real mayor's response and leadership, and the relief and recovery operation in general. From what I have seen I think a good job is being done down there, even if I am a little dubious about some of the potential implications and possibilities for abuse of the emergency recovery bill passed into law during the week.

** Apologies to any non NZ readers to whom many of the references to people and other things might make no sense whatsoever.

2 comments:

missrabbitty said...

how much of 'sir' bob's performance has been leadership and how much has been gamesshowmanship?...

Off-Black said...

If the job gets done in a timely and pragmatic fashion, I don't really care. I don't get the impression he is showboating though. He is just more used to being in front of a camera than public officials usually are.