Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Harsh words about Cloverfield

Listening to: The rats munching on something

A potentially great movie spoiled by its cinematography. I watched less than half of it and was still nauseated, not from the content, but from the way it was constantly moving in random directions. Honestly, I took preventer medication before attempting to view, and it didn't do any good.

Note to budding directors. Filming your whole movie this way is damn annoying for anyone with the slightest susceptibility to motion sickness, and I'd go as far as saying it is more than a little pretentious.

I acknowledge it provides authenticity, but frankly what is the point of filming something that people can't watch? I feel like there is a joke and I'm missing the punchline.

Much more temperate comment on the film here.

No comments: