Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Take to the hills

Aside
Turns out my proclamation of normal service resumption was a little premature. Can't do no blogging when you ain't got no internet because yur ISP cut you off after stopping yur direct debit without telling you.......

FireBreak

Looks like we got out of Waiwhetu just in time. It saddens and angers me that a place I have spent a lot of time in and enjoy immensely is now a murder scene. And a particularly wasteful and pointless murder at that. There are a lot of ways I don't want to die, but being killed just because an evil moron thinks I am in the way is high on the list. I don't endorse capital punishment as a rule, but part of me wishes the police bullets had hit a little higher.


Hillside life

I've never been rained on from inside a cloud before. Kinda novel.





The view from the lounge has changed somewhat

Old






New


Still getting used to it. I have started tentatively exploring the network of trails around here.




3 comments:

Not Kate said...

Welcome back.

I'm glad he didn't get killed. I suspect that's what he was aiming for - to go out in a blaze of glory. He would've gained some kind of infamy. I like that the police got to come out of it looking like humane heroes.

And in a way it's more torture living out your life in prison that dying at the scene. Though, I hope they put him under higher security. Amazing that someone can have absolutely no conscience like that.

Anonymous said...

"Rained on from inside a cloud before" ... Ahh, the joy of Wellington hills. Growing up in Newlands, I experienced this quite often. Perhaps better is the weather where it's misty in the valley, but gloriously fine in the hills, and you can look down on the sea fog and feel superior.

Andrew said...

"It saddens and angers me that a place I have spent a lot of time in and enjoy immensely is now a murder scene."

Almost the same: Gavin Dash's body was dumped on the route of my primary school's cross-country run. I used to reprise that route long after leaving primary school. The day the news came out I'd been thinking of doing so again, as I hadn't been there for about five years.