Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Finally


Could this be the summer we have been promised?

Ok, so its not Blenheim or Napier melting the tarmac hot, but its a damn sight better than the crap we have been putting up with in Welly for the past few weeks. And it's five pm in the shade up a hill, which knocks one or two degrees off. No wind though.....

I like having my own little forest even if
A: they aren't natives, and
B:they are slightly allergenic


Global Netball

Found this on a random sitemeter trawl the other day. Interesting perspective from a somewhat unexpected place.

Plastic modelling explained

Carol, you can skip this bit if you want!

You start with stuff that looks like this:

Eventually after the application of various solvents, putty, sandpaper, files, paints and chalks, ingenuity, patience, skill, cunning, and one or two beers you end up with something looking like this:

1:72 scale (about 17cm long) A-4 Skyhawk kit modified by me to represent an upgraded RNZAF example as it looked when retired in 2001. About 99% finished. Not quite fully accurate but very close.

I like my hobby. It continually tests my patience, imagination, intelligence and creativity. And they look cool when they are done.

Any questions?




1 comment:

Not Kate said...

Yeah, interesting netball site eh. I remember trying to explain netball to americans on this basketball forum I used to go on. They just found it amusing that we wore 'bibs' and skirts.

The weather keeps tricking me. When i go out in jeans and a long-sleeved top, it's muggy and I'm roasting. Today I go out in jandals and a tshirt and I'm cold. Make up your mind, Mr Weather!!!