Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shop til you drop

Fi and I spent most of the day in the city today shopping and idly browsing.

Purchases include:

-Shihad tickets
-deposits on and booking of tattoos
-pastels and paint for model work
-a Christmas present for Fi's Dad
-Books for me:
'A brief history of the Cold War'. The Cold War era fascinates me.
'Homicide-A year on the killing streets', by David Simon. Spotted randomly in Dymocks, this is the journalist account of the Baltimore Homicide unit that inspired the grandtastic nineties television series 'Homicide'. I've been looking for a copy for years (Amazon is kinda cheating). I look forward to relating fictional characters to their inspirations.

-And a suit, which cost several times more than all the other purchases combined, but fills a yawning gap in my available options for formal occasions. Thanks D3vo for a rough price guide. Alas, I can no longer say with a shrug and a smile "I don't even own a suit".
A bullet was bit today.

4 comments:

Not Kate said...

I was shopping too. Just bought a dress to wear at prizegiving. not entirely happy with my decision in the end - oh well.

I discovered that Matt is a very patient shopping companion. I kept offering him outs, saying 'I could just get this one so we can go buy lunch' and he'd say, 'No rush - let's go to those shops on Lambton Quay now'. He had the great pleasure of going into Max Clothing for the first time ever (he actually enjoyed it because he'd heard it won some architectual award for retail design). He sat with the other men on the 'waiting seats' and read one of the sports magazines provided.

Homeperm said...

i love a man in a suit. good work.

Anonymous said...

Tattoo??? One each - or just the hawk you've always wanted? Nice to see you on Sat, pity so short. You guys need to come visit again in the summer.

fish said...

One each. The guy at the tattoo place is drawing me another fish and Sam is getting a kiwi.