Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Big Dry/Big Wet

After an epic unbroken run of nearly two weeks of clear skies, warm temperatures and no rain that saw us heading to the beach more times in the space of a week than we did for the entirety of last summer, on Sunday night the thickening clouds to the west, and a palpable increase in humidity suggested rain was on the way.
And on Monday it did, making up for lost time by delivering a month's worth of rain overnight. I was out on the motorway at the height of the deluge and it was some of the worst rain I have ever driven in. The 18-wheeler tailgating me so close all I could see in my rearview mirror was radiator grille merely added to the fun. When the warm front from the north eased off, a cold front from the south ramped it back up again. For a while the road outside my place looked more like a waterslide.

No comments: