Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Out of the box

In todays exciting installment, after nearly a week, we were finally able to get Charlotte out of the incubator, sans chest drain and cannula (removed yesterday), and ventilation tubes (removed today).

Looked forward to this all day.
Gee I look old all of a sudden.
She had a feed, and hung onto it, which is encouraging, and she has a voice again, more or less. One milestone down. She will still be inside for at least another week, but she is doing all the right things so far.

***

In other news, from the non-contact sport that is Indoor Netball. Tonight I caught my little finger in the net and had a good go at pulling the nail off (probably God saying it is time to trim the nails). That explains the blood under the nail. Where the blood on the ring finger came from I have no idea. After carefully checking, and finding no injury nearby, I can only conclude that it is someone else's.

I think there's something in that for all of us

1 comment:

Not Kate said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see her with eyes open etc.

Charlotte is an awesome name. The best player on the basketball team I've been with all week is called Charlotte. And she's nice. Maybe your Charlotte will be a basketball player too :) I will get in early with my propoganda....