Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Challenge

Listening to: Into the Blue again-The Album Leaf.

And an unaccustomed silence from the laundry where previously there used to be the random noises of various ratty goings on. An empty cage is sitting on the back porch. *sigh*.

Before we begin

Enjoying muchly D3vo's question and answer sessions at the moment. I wish I'd thought of it, it is the sort of thing I enjoy doing.

Played an excellent game of netball with Suspect tonight, including me winning the mindgame with a young superleague player by means of repeatedly getting him to fall into my shots then shooting twos over him. Also the team played really well and it was a thoroughly enjoyable game.


Right onto business

The Primary Objective

To get to this in Auckland:



My trusty and noble steed


My companions, spirit guides and advisors

Kush, Woodstock and Snoopy.


The Secondary Objective

Keep interested on a long lonely drive by seeking and recording various targets as nominated by readers. The list provided was long and varied, even if some submitters ignored certain eligibility rules. When a target did not comply with the rules a substitute was found. Only one target could not be found completely

The Targets (in order of submission)

Homeperms list

Sorry HP but custard squares generally aren't visible from the road as I stipulated. Never mind though, I found an old school tearooms in Waiouru.

And I didn't see anyone on a horse, let alone a male, but I found this nice picture of several males on horses in Parnell.

NotKate's list

It being a balmy late summer morning when I passed through Levin, there were no Levinians in Leggings. The target could not be located and hence was not photographed.

I saw a great variety of roadkill, ranging in size from magpie to sheep. These two ex-hedgehogs in Bulls and Whenuapai were least dangerous to photograph.

Bulls

Whenuapai

The Giant Market Gardener of Levin.

A wanky personalised plate. Although the plate cannot actually be made out in the shot, I can assure you it was personalised and wanky. Also the driving on display was wanky in nature. Somewhere south of Te Kuiti.

Incidentally, if you are the driver of the lowered and customised white Toyota Altezza that I encountered three times between Tokoroa and Taupo on Sunday, you're an idiot. Your overtaking on the outside of a blind uphill bend was one of the most potentially dangerous acts I have ever seen on the open road, never mind your u-turn in front of me at from the side of the road at Wairakei that required heavy braking and evasive action from me to avoid hitting your precious ride. You are a menace and an accident looking for a place to happen. I just hope no-one innocent is involved when it does. Rant ends.


The inside of a public womens bathroom. Again, not generally visible from the road, this shot of the womens in Ohakune with the interior partly visible will have to do

Rich's list

Huntly powerstation. In Huntly.

Low flying hideously decorated cookietime tearoom plane. Mangaweka.

A Constabull. Not being sure how to interpret this, I took a photo of the Bulls Police Station. This was the last target photographed incidentally.


A tourist in the Taupo toilets. What is with the requests for toilet shots? Taking photos in loos is incredibly difficult to explain, plus the interiors are not visible from the road and thus ineligible. Anyway I got a shot of someone inside the Taupo superloo who may or not be a tourist.



Fish's list

The big silver trout at Taupo.

Cassandra's list

The corrugated iron animals. Tirau.

The golf course on Lake Taupo.


Huntly powerstation. Still in Huntly

The Bombay Hills. Just south of Auckland

Janet's list (as received by text, hence missing an item or two from the commented list which I did not see before I left).

Steam pipes at Wairakei Power Station.
A bank that has been converted into an antique shop. Unable to locate as described, however I did find a bank serving as a bar in Hunterville,


and a petrol station craft shop south of Auckland.



The settler/pioneer family in Hamilton.

Power pylons on the desert road.

A wide load pilot vehicle, near Tangiwai.

Thanks to all who submitted requests. You shall receive your chocolate fish when I see you next.

No comments: