Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wanted

Listening to: 12 Deadly cyns and then some-Cyndi Lauper. Mainly for 'True colours' and the remix of 'Girls just wanna have fun'.



I was going to post about the Split Enz gig, or about the 25th anniversary of the publication of 'A day in the life of New Zealand', or attempt to list all of the great concerts I have been to, or the significant ones, but I don't have the mental energy, so I'm just going to list instead. Expect posts on all of the above in the near future.



Wanted: A decent poppish 80's compilation



Must include:



Heaven-Fiction Factory

Dance hall days-Wang chung

The Riddle-Nik Kershaw

Wherever I lay my hat-Paul Young

Small town boy-Bronski Beat

Big Country-Big Country

I'll be there-The Escape Club

Run to You-Bryan Adams

Hold me now-The Thompson Twins

Little Red Corvette-Prince

The Room that echoes-Peking Man

Sunglasses at night-Corey Hart

You belong to the city-Glenn Frey

Stay-Shakespeares Sister

Heartbeat City-The Cars

Live it up-Mental as anything

Thats the way it is-Bruce Hornsby

The War song-Culture Club

Live to tell-Madonna

Heaven-The Eurogliders

I could hunt around and find all the tracks cheap and make my own compilation, but it is easier and lazier to find one already done.

Definitely not wanted
Anything by the Housemartins. I don't care if Fatboy Slim was in it. It's still naff, and 'Caravan of love' was used in a rubbish ad for the 1990 Commonwealth Games, or Telecom or something.

So there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the wellington city library (and maybe hutt library) has this eight cd set called omigod! its the totally eighties compilation. and OMIGOD it is awesome. i haven't listened to every cd - because after four i grew weary but it has at least half of the songs you've listed. unfortunately it may have the housemartins. although i actually love the caravan of love song because of the ad for the c'wealth games (it was definitely sports related.