Sunday, May 28, 2006

Petrolhead

Its late on a Sunday night, I'm sitting down with a cold coke (with ice cubes in it), listening to a Gramsci CD. My rat is fussing around noisily in his cage in the laundry, my wife sleeps in our room. I've had a busy day of work and sport (see the previous post).
I'm waiting for the Monaco Grand Prix to start. Of all the Grand Prix, Monaco is the one I try and watch every year. I used to be quasi serious F1 fan when I was a student, but the late sunday night telecasts soon proved incompatible with a full time job. That and Michael Shumacher winning everything in sight and making driving cars at 200mph boring. Now that that dominance is finally ended, its worth watching again.
Monaco is my favourite because its such a legendary circuit. The location is as glam as there is. That and its tight blind corners make incidents and excitements inevitable. I have raced the track on a playstation and that was terrifying enough, let alone doing it for real. One year only half the cars that started finished. It is the most unpredictable motor race there is.
And its about to start. Shumacher has been sent to the back of the grid for holding other people up during qualifying to preserve his pole position. Sucka.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered why you were so late to bed. I'm glad you were up blogging and not looking at those *other* kind of websites :) Love Ya!